An Android emulator emulates the Android OS on Windows 10 or Windows 7, or Mac OS. This emulation allows users to run virtual Android OS on their computers. Therefore, by installing an Android emulator on your computer, you can use Android Apps, Play Android Games, and test your Android Applications without Android Phone.
This article will give you the list of the best Android emulators for PC and links to download all of these Android emulators for free. If you are thinking of running your favorite android apps and games or testing your own Android Apps and lacking the appropriate Android device, you must use An Android emulator on your PC.
Note: I highly recommend you try 3-5 emulators and stick to the one you like most. Because most of the emulators have many bugs, performance issues & some of them even have serious malware issues. So, based on your PC configuration, you should pick the emulator that works well with your PC.
Are you in a hurry? Can’t read our in-depth review? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
Our Expert Verdict
|#1 Overall||#1 For Gaming||#1 For Developers|
|Free or 2/Mon||Free||Free|
|Windows & Mac||Windows Only||Windows & Mac|
Even though they are many android emulators in the market, not all of them function correctly. Here is a list of some of the best Android emulators for PCs tested by me and accepted by millions of users. These top Android Emulators will help you achieve a fantastic Android user experience on your laptop or desktop.
Bluestacks earns the leading position as the best Android emulator because of its high performance and stability. Bluestacks emulator is very popular and has been on the market for a while. Primarily, Bluestacks App Player targets gamers and developers who create apps and test gaming content.
Bluestacks App Player Features
- Bluestacks is available for both Mac OS and Windows 10 PC users, so you can run and play games on it regardless of your operating system.
- Most gamers prefer Bluestacks because it’s optimized for gaming and has the right proportion of features like power, processing, and graphics. It’s quite easy to install and use it.
- It features a built-in Google Play store that allows users to download games and apps quickly.
- Also, the Bluestacks Android emulator has its App store, which is optimized for downloading games. The best part is you can earn monetary benefits through its affiliate option.
Bluestacks Emulator System Requirements
|OS Platforms||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, MAC|
|System Requirements||4GB RAM, Dual Core 2.3 GHz, 5GB Disk Space|
|File Size||757.06 KB|
|Last Updated Date||March 7, 2022|
2. Nox App Player
Nox App Player is the best emulator for enjoying the whole Android experience. It’s smoother, stable, and fully optimized for both games and apps. With this emulator, you receive the same gaming experience as that of a gaming console.
Nox App Player Features
- Unlike other consoles that can crush easily, Nox is stable and works perfectly without crashes. This is because developers regularly update it to fix bugs.
- Just like Bluestacks, it has a built-in Google play store so that you can download apps and games.
- The Nox Player emulator offers several options, such as initiative keyboard mapping, multi-instance, and script recording. All these features provide you with the best gaming experience.
- You can choose how much CPU core, RAM, or FPS you want to allocate to the emulator with various customization options.
- Furthermore, it offers you two graphics rendering modes: OpenGL and DirectX, which can be used when facing compatibility issues with any game.
- You can download Nox Emulator for free on both PC & Mac devices.
|File Size||757.06 KB|
|Last Updated Date||March 7, 2022|
Do you want to get a grip on that Android game you like, but you lack the right hardware? Don’t worry! GameLoop got you covered. Being a product of Tencent Gaming Buddy, the GameLoop android emulator focuses entirely on fusing mobile gaming with Windows 10 PCs.
- GameLoop acts as the official gaming utility for Tencent Games.
- It has been optimized and refined to easily play massive mobile games such as PUBG and Call of Duty.
- It brings fluid gameplay and controls with PC’s Keyboard and mouse that matches Android devices’ touch controls.
- Although it offers support to non-gaming apps, it’s not as versatile for non-gaming apps as other emulators. Nonetheless, it delivers excellent results.
- Recently, GameLoop released its latest version of GameLoop 3.0 to the public and its new beta testing version.
- Not only does the new version provide exciting games for all players and exciting features, but it also solves most design and settings issues players might face when playing games.
|File Size||17.98 MB|
|Last Updated Date||July 30, 2020|
GameLoop has proven to handle mobile games on PC with so much ease, making it a notable competitor to other mobile gaming emulators. So, go ahead and download the new version and have a fantastic gaming experience on GameLoop.
MEmu is still new in the market, but it’s gaining popularity rapidly for its high performance- it’s giving competitors a run for their money. It solely targets Windows 10 PCs, with its focus being on gaming.
- With a simple installation process and several features like Keyboard mapping, Memu is efficient in gaming, just like Nox App Player and Bluestacks. You can install the emulator using the APK and test it by running it on multiple occasions.
- Like other emulators, this one also features customization options for the RAM and CPU and supports a 4K gaming experience.
- MEmu emulator stands out because it offers support for Intel, Nvidia, and AMD chipsets. (very few emulators support AMD). The deep integration of the mouse and Keyboard allowed by the emulator results in to smooth gameplay experience.
- The only downside is its graphic quality, which is weak compared to other emulators. However, this doesn’t limit it from providing a high-quality gaming experience. The emulator is updated regularly to fix any bugs within its games and apps.
- The latest version of MEmu now supports a 64-bit Android emulator. This means MEmu can now play games that are coded with only 64-bit architecture like arm64-v8a and x86-64. Such a game that requires 64-bit android is Lineage 2m by NCsoft.
- Note: Memu is not Available for Mac.
- You can download the Memu free Android emulator on Windows 10 PC.
|File Size||3.91 MB|
|Last Updated Date||April 5, 2020|
5. Android Studio Emulator
Android Studio is the latest Android IDE, supported by Google’s Android system. It has incredibly versatile functionality and can start consumer apps quicker than actual computers. With more flexibility and a more comprehensive view, consumers can reach superior output and perspective in their smartphone applications. It facilitates limited memory high-definition games on the device.
- Android Studio supports a Multifunctional Simulator with a good user experience and apps.
- It allows users to choose the style of the simulator window for an excellent user interface.
- It enables users to concurrently use various applications and grab screenshots while they are in the system.
- This simulator is founded on Java language and has high efficiency and features.
- Android Studio is the official Google simulator and is therefore highly stable and well designed.
- It offers too many alternatives beyond mobile device connectivity, such as checking software, high-definition gaming, etc.
Download Android Studio Emulator
Last but not least, we have ARChon. ARChon is different from the emulators on this list. It’s not like common emulators that you download and install as software on their own. Instead, you install this emulator as an extension on Google Chrome.
- ARChon is also a bit more challenging to operate compared to other emulators.
- After you download the APKs you’ll use, you’ll also have to download another tool to make these files compatible and executable on Chrome.
- Despite the difficulties in using ARChon, the setup is only hard at the beginning. Once you get used to it and become more familiar with the emulator, it’ll be hassle-free to set up.
- ARChon is decent for high-end games, but there are other better options if your primary purpose is for gaming.
- Where this emulator excels is in using productivity apps since it is integrated into Chrome.
- ARChon is a great choice for Windows 7 users as it is a browser-based Android emulator.
Download Archon For Windows 10
If you are a developer looking for software to run various Android versions so you can check your app, then Genymotion is your best bet. Genymotion is the best Android emulator for App development.
Some of the most prominent emulators focus mainly on gaming, but Genymotion took a different path and focused entirely on Android development. This emulator features a design that assists app creators in testing their apps in a safe environment.
Features such as plugins, tools, and support make the overall installation process of the emulator hassle-free. Genymotion is made up of salient features like OpenGL and supports different versions of Android operating systems.
When you want to create a new virtual device, you must know that you need to first log in to a Genymotion account. Once you have logged in, it presents you with a launch screen. From here, you can select and download an Android device you want to emulate.
Overall, Genymotion is faster than Bluestacks because it’s developed on X9 architecture. If you have a powerful PC, then you are in for a treat, as its performance translates into a rapid, virtual Android experience.
8. Andy Android Emulator
Andy is one of the oldest and trusted emulators among users. Andy developers are always quick to upgrade the Android OS engine used in their Virtual OS emulation.
This exactly means that if Google updates the Android OS, then Andy users will have the same Android version on Windows 10 PC. Generally, other developers take months before they update their emulation engine.
Andy App is famous for its syncing capabilities between Windows 10 Operating System and Android mobile phone.
The best feature of Andy Android emulator for Windows 10 is that you can use your Android phone as a Joystick for your Desktop or PC.
This enables you to use features like Gyro movements and touch combinations or multi-touch while playing games like Pubg Mobile or Call of Duty mobile.
You can receive your Instagram DMs, Whatsapp text messages, or Snapchat pictures directly on your home or work Computer.
9. Bliss OS
Bliss OS is quite different from all the above Android emulators. This software works as an Android OS for PC. For installation, you can use a Virtual Box or create a bootable USB drive. It runs well if you have a compatible system, so always prepared with a backup of the current operating system.
10. Remix OS Player
Remix OS Player is one of the outdated Android emulators for PC. This player is a product of Jide Technology, owned by a company by Google’s former employees. Remix OS Player is excellent for productivity apps but does not go well with heavy gaming. Moreover, it is the only player, which allows its users to play several games simultaneously.
Remix OS Player is known for providing the most personal Android interface on Windows 10 computers. The software also provides the primary mapping tool that helps Android games, including touch handling systems. It helps the players to interact with the keyboard as well as the mouse more effectively.
Remix OS Player Features
- Remix OS Player is a strong simulator designed to incorporate Android, which provides high compatibility in a free preview of Android apps.
- It provides Google marshmallows and enables gaming platforms in high definition.
- It will allow Android programmers to automate Android or Chrome applications since it supports multi-window systems.
- Users should map a variety of buttons to provide game programs with access control.
11. Phoenix OS
Among the latest Android emulators is Phoenix OS. It gives the games a whole new experience and improves the performance of the desktop. This implies that it suits best the productivity sector. Google play services are available on Phoenix OS though it is quite hard to update the facilities. You can get phoenix OS from its web page for free.
Note: XDA developers run Phoenix OS forums, and it supports Android 7.1
Xamarin is almost similar to Android Studio. The main difference is that Xamarin can plug into Microsoft visual studio, something which Android studio cannot accomplish.
- Xamarin comes with an in-built emulator app used for testing the game, just like Android studio.
- The emulator comes free for regular use, but companies must settle on the pricing for heavy usage.
- You can download the app from the Microsoft official website.
Ko Player focuses on providing lightweight software with a lag-free gaming experience. This emulator is free of cost; that’s why you might see a few ads there. Ko Player is easy to install and supports gamepad emulation and keyboard mapping.
KoPlayer was discontinued in 2019, so it’s better if you don’t use Koplayer Emulator.
Which is the best Android emulator for PC?
Bluestacks App Player is the best Android emulator for Windows 10 PC and Mac OS.
Which Android emulator is the fastest?
After testing many emulators for days, I can surely say, Gameloop and BlueStacks Android emulators are faster and smoother than all other emulators out there.
Are Android emulators safe for PC?
Yes. Android Emulators are safe to download and use on a PC.
Is BlueStacks or NOX better?
I have tried both Bluestacks and Nox emulators. There is no significant difference, but BlueStacks is better than Nox.
Which Android emulator is best for low-end PC?
It is recommended to use Gameloop or Nox App Player for low-end Windows 10 PC.
Are Android emulators illegal?
Yes. Android emulators are legal. Android OS is an open-source project. So, as long as you use the emulators for the right purposes, it is legal and safe.